A friend of mine [thanks Gregory Stone] has turned me on to a WordPress plugin called “Jetpack by WordPress.com“. This is an awesome, free, fast, easy plugin to link your WordPress blog to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.
Here is all you need to do to get going.
- In your WordPress blog, go to Plugins and go to Add New.
- In the Search box type: Jetpack.
- Jetpack should be the top result (or at least near the top).
- Click Install next to the plugin Jetpack by WordPress.com.
- Click on Activate after the Jetpack installs.
- After installing Jetpack you will need to connect it to your WordPress.com’s account. Click on Connect to WordPress.com button and Jetpack will take you to login page (you can also create an account using this page if you don’t already have a free WordPress.com account). Enter your WordPress.com User Name and Password, click on Authorize Jetpack button to confirm connection and you have completed the connection.
- Once you have done all that, you will be redirected to the Jetpack Dashboard, where you can configure your Jetpack plugin. To get to this again later, go under Dashboard and then Jetpack.
- To connect Facebook, Twitter, etc to your WordPress blog so each time you post on your blog it will automatically post on those social accounts; click on Publicize to configure it. This will take you to the Settings and then Sharing section of your blog.
- Click on Add new connection next to those you wish to connect.
- On the Sharing section under Available Services is also where you can create buttons that display under each of your WordPress posts.
- Be sure to hit the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page after any changes.
That’s it, your done!